October is National Chiropractic Health Month! The mission is to raise public awareness of the benefits of chiropractic care and its natural, whole-person, patient-centered and drug-free approach to health and wellness. The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) notes that the theme this year is Move4Life encouraging people to move more now so they will be able to move better later and avoid chronic painful conditions associated with sedentary lifestyles. #Move4Life
Here are some interesting facts provided by the American Chiropractic Association:
- Physical activity can IMPROVE symptoms, decrease disability and improve function & well-being in a range of chronic musculoskeletal pain conditions.
- Fear of movement is a consequence of persistent pain yet it is also a MAIN CONTRIBUTOR to pain and disability.
- An active lifestyle which leads to a higher level of physical fitness is related to BETTER SPINAL CONTROL in middle-aged men and women.
- There is SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE that physical activity has beneficial effects on most musculoskeletal conditions including low back pain.
- More than a quarter of all adults worldwide (1.4 billion worldwide) do not get enough physical activity 🙁
The message is clear… MOVE IT OR LOSE IT! Get up off the couch and develop a healthier lifestyle. Share photos of yourself with #Move4Life and inspire those around you!
Visit your chiropractor regularly. Chiropractors are widely recognized as providing the safest drug-free, non-invasive therapies available for total health and wellness.
the button to schedule your appointment! New Patients please call for your first appointment. Returning Patients Can Book Online